What an odd week it has been! I've been living alone for the past three days whilst Paul parties in Marbs for a stag do. Turns out, he does all the housework and I am fairly incompetent at living alone. Tuna Fey and I, however, are still alive, so there's that. I also had a delightful evening on Friday with Eloise, followed by a hideous day yesterday trying to battle with my dissertation. Oh dissertation woes, will you never end?! Thankfully, the Internet has stayed awesome:
- This parody of Girls is a perfect as the original show.
- Jazmine's photography is always so beautiful and evocative - I love her festival look from the Isle of Wight.
- Yarn Bombing Rocks, okay?
- Another corker from Rachel Hills about the disjunct between the people we are and the people we see ourselves as. It's ace.
- Young feminists are rad. Misogynist comments and bullying? Not so rad.
- How to be Happy - simple but effective tips.
- Six Fairy Tales for the Modern Woman (The Hairpin is my favourite online ladymag for this very reason. See also: Beyonce Songs Re-Imagined as Undergraduate Theses in Women's and Gender Studies)
- A fascinating interview with Kim Jong-il's sushi chef.
- Britni is one of the people who first introduced me to feminism - her journey to a less-anger dominated activism makes for interesting reading.