This week has been super stressful, you guys. I'm currently sat at my desk at 9.30 on a Sunday and I've been here almost an hour. 2000 words to write before I can have a proper Sunday! I'm really done with this whole degree thing now. I'm not a quitter, but I sort of wish I was so that I could go out and enjoy the sunshine. That being said, I have a crazy exciting week ahead of me next week - so many foodie bits and pieces, and then a little road trip over to Birmingham with Emma for Blognix. Cannot wait. I got business cards printed and everything. I might not have any left by next Saturday because I've been giving them to everyone - I've never had a business card before. Anyway, on to the links!
- What does your kitchen say about you? I dread to think what mine would look like if we took off all the cupboards!
- A literary-themed dinner party? Yes please!
- I'm dying to try out this skinny lemon tart recipe - I love the tartness of lemons.
- It is 100 years since Emily Wilding Davison ran onto the racetrack at Epsom Derby, making feminist history as she did so. She was an ace woman (who totally went to my Uni, which means we totally would have been best friends, right?) and I loved this piece by Laurie Penny - she made the only choice she could bear.
- These mint chocolate chip profiteroles look messy but super delicious. Mint choc chip has always been my favourite ice cream flavour - so sad that Ben & Jerry don't do it any more!
- I've not been to any of the restaurants on the 101 Best Restaurants in Europe list but I'm going to make it my mission, starting with this fish restaurant in Iceland.
- If you're into food photography, or trying to be (like me), these tips are ace!
- Talking of tips, Carrie's shared hers for holidaymakers who are New York-bound, but even if you aren't headed to the Big Apple any time soon, you'll want to check out her beautiful pictures.
- I literally wept when I saw the video of Patrick Stewart speaking out about domestic violence, and then hugging a fan. If you have time, you should totally watch it. But if you don't, just read her account of the afternoon. Beautiful.
- On a lighter note, what Twitter bios would look like if they told the truth...
- Fried prawn sandwiches with spicy mango mayonnaise? What is this magic you speak of? Why, it's Love and Lemons' recipe for shrimp po' boy with mango!
- I am kind of obsessed with Rachel White's writing, and she's been knocking it out of the park this month with a piece on skinny mini speed dating (yup, they write your dress size on your nametag!) and this probably NSFW piece on female desire, subversion, neo-burlesque and basically everything else you can think of - true brilliance.
- And last, but certainly not least, I have always been a big fan of Neville Longbottom as the best Harry Potter hero, and I think this Buzzfeed article just proves me right!