This has been a week of highs and lows - the inaugural meeting of a new tradition, 'Cake Club' was a definite high, as was the lovely walk round the park with some friends and their little ones. Work stress was a bit of a low, but onwards and upwards to next week, eh? Today I'm going to recuperate with a few episodes of Buffy and some bread and butter pudding. The Internet, as always, is a high point - particularly these beauties:
- My life as an introvert - an interesting read, are you an introvert or an extrovert? I think I might be a mixture of both - I thrive on spending time with people, and I hate not having any social gatherings planned for the week, but I do get anxious if I haven't spent any time alone in a long while.
- I'm not overly fussed about London Fashion Week - but I've loved seeing pictures of the Orla Kiely AW'13 show - so much retro sweetness, I want the whole lot.
- Britni says everything I want to about Rihanna, so that I don't have to.
- Copywriting and the devaluation of words - I'm definitely guilty of overusing the word 'perfect', better check myself before I wreck myself...
- How a working-class couple amassed a priceless art collection. How wonderful.
- If you need a pick me up, why not look at 32 pictures of animals that will make you say awwwwwww? A baby hippo having a bath! A cat in a kleenex bed!
- Have you ever been Catfished? Thankfully everyone I've ever met on the Internet (including Paul!) has been totally genuine - I think now that being online is such a big part of life, the scariness of Internet friendships and relationships is subsiding. What do you think?
- Jennifer Aniston as Monica? Sarah Michelle Gellar as Cordelia? 11 Casting Choices That Will Weird You Out.