So, remember that presentation I was working on last week? I nailed it! Snaps for me. Sadly, there's no rest for the wicked as I have to go straight into writing a research proposal, but I'm feeling more positive about this - I've spent my life writing essays so I am much better at doing academic writing than I am academic talking!
As well as that I've been baking banana bread, celebrating a 30th birthday, battling the snow, trying out the deli in Chapel Allerton, taking care of a cat and looking forward to my own birthday tomorrow. Phew. What a busy bee. I still had time to check out the best bits of the Internet for you, and here they are:
- In honour of the inauguration, The Glitter Guide shares some of Michelle Obama's best looks (I'll be interested to see where the First Lady heads after these four years are up, would love to see her in politics or high profile advocacy).
- Alex Franzen also wrote this beautiful letter to President Obama.
- Do you need to be on all the social media channels? Which ones are right for you and your blog? I personally focus on Twitter and Pinterest, because I find them the most fun - how about you?
- Britni shares what it's like to get to know the place you live all over again, without alcohol.
- Man Face takes on the demise of the British High Street
- Elise shares some great tips on snapping self-portraits
- In case you've ever wanted to know, here's how to knit a circle scarf