[Photo by David Straight]
Do you know how some weeks you feel like you’re constantly chasing your tail? That is me, right now. But it’s all for good reasons – this weekend we attended the beautiful wedding of two of our wonderful friends in Sheffield, which was, as always, a lot of fun and, of course, I cried in the speeches (I wasn’t the only one!). However, I don’t think Pregnant Amy can do 1am bedtimes; I felt hungover all of Sunday even without touching a drop of delicious wine, which seems remarkably unfair to me. On Tuesday night we went to see the delightful Josie Long at The Wardrobe; I cried with laughter on more than one occasion. If you like leftie feminist comedy with a big dash of optimism and whimsy (which I certainly do), then you should definitely check out her work. On Wednesday it was down to London for a client meeting, and a little trip to Dishoom for dinner (oh my god, you guys, it was ruddy delicious). And then yesterday I convinced two colleagues to join me at The Blog Squad talk with Sara, all about Instagram. So, what I’m saying is that I’m very ready for a weekend of brunching and celebrating my baby sister’s 20th birthday! What have you got planned for your weekend days?
- Advice from one mother to another. I’m storing all of these little bits of wisdom up, just in case I need them.
- Very excited for Pancake Day next week, and these Fluffy American Pancakes are definitely going to be on the menu at my house.
- Related: I am definitely pre-ordering Joy the Baker’s new brunch cookbook Over Easy. That’s the kind of deliciousness I need.
- We’re thinking about making Berlin baby’s first holiday, so I’m bookmarking Sophie’s food and drink guide. I need me some burrata pizza.
- Last but definitely not least, Lauren has opened up about the financial struggles that come along with cancer – and she has some incredible slogan t-shirts you need to get your mitts on.