What a week! We started off by announcing our impending arrival, and we’re finishing up with the inauguration of a sentient cheeto. Highs and lows, that’s for sure. I’m not sure I can say anything here about today’s events that hasn’t already said before, but suffice to say that I had a little cry before I got out of bed this morning when I say a ‘goodbye’ Facebook post from Obama, and I don’t think that will be the only time I shed tears today. I’m hoping the second time might be a little happier, because I know I’m going to bawl my eyes out when I meet a friend’s brand new baby tonight. There is a lot of pain and evil in the world, but there is also so much good and so much hope. We have to believe in the latter to make it through.
- Everything you need to know about Asian ingredients, where to buy them and what to keep in your cupboard. (This post made me seriously crave some kimchi!)
- Why you should be planning for 2018, not 2017.
- What Michelle Obama wore and why it mattered. I’m really gonna miss this family.
- This hot and sour soup is definitely on the agenda for the weekend.
- Cheryl Strayed was in $85,000 in debt before Wild got published. The publishing industry is so interesting.