[Photo by Jason Briscoe]
Today, I am horribly hungover, but my heart is so very full. We had our work’s big summer party yesterday, which meant rooftop cocktails, steak & chips, some rather ridiculous dancing, funny photo booth moments and staying up way past my bedtime. I am very lucky to work with a whole bunch of people I actually like (which seems to be a surprisingly rare occurrence in the world) so it was a whole lot of fun. We also had some of my best pals – Amy and Alex – staying this weekend, and it always makes me happy to flex my hosting muscles. Sometimes I think my dream might be to run a B&B so I can constantly be setting out bedrooms with fresh flowers & clean sheets, before cooking up giant breakfasts for everyone. Then I remember that I hate to work weekends. The rest of my plans for the day involve the Gilmore Girls, a curry (home-made for the first time in weeks), and maybe some more naps. Life is good. I hope it is for you, too.
- 50 things I pretend to know that I am nearing 50.
- If you’re looking to go brunching in Leeds, then Lil will hook you up with the best recommendations.
- I’m thinking about buying a Konjac sponge. They kind of sound impossibly good.
- Airbnb’s professional landlords are making London’s Housing Crisis even worse. Why do some people have to ruin it for the rest of us?
- Who wants to go with me to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical singalong in Manchester?
- How to shop at a Japanese supermarket. I want to go to there. *drools over the ramen*
- Minimalist furniture. Craft beer and avocado toast. Reclaimed wood. Industrial lighting. Cortados. How Silicon Valley helps spread the same sterile aesthetic across the world.
- Is fiction an addiction?
- I tried the Instagram foodie diet. Not the worst way to live.