[Photo by veeterzy]
Hey, friends! Long time, no speak. It’s been a funny few weeks, all in all. We bought a house! Like, really truly bought it. We have a moving in date and everything. This summer is going to be for a whole lot of DIY and maybe some backyard picnics. I’m down for it. I started ballet classes, which I love. Anything that gets me moving and makes me listen to dramatic classical music is definitely A-OK with me right now. I got to do my first ever set of bridesmaid duties, which basically consisted of drinking Prosecco and looking at pretty dresses and telling my beautiful friend how beautiful she is. Which is kind of how I want to spend every day for the rest of time. I have felt stuck in a rut for most of 2016. I’m not sure what it is, but I suspect that it’s all the waiting that goes along with house buying – we can finally make plans without worrying if they’ll clash with house things, and I’m hoping that will make all the difference. It is no fun to be in a rut. I’ve felt a lot like I was in the same place this year as I was last year, which is not the best feeling in the world. I think getting stuck into a massive house renovation project will stop that, too. I’m ready to start enjoying all the things and skipping down the street and generally loving life all over again. We only get one, you know?
- How to ace Snapchat. I’m not there yet, but you can join me anyway: amylizblog
- An important distinction: I was homeless at 17 but I was never houseless.
- 11 pasta shapes and the sauces you should pair them with. Pasta is the food I could never live without.
- The Travel Hack has shared her top 20 travel tips and there are some really good ones.
- BRB, studying this Adele make-up tutorial forever.
- Here’s what the perfect house looks like, according to Pinterest. I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it. (Obviously, it’s giant.)
- Being in your 20s is a breeze compared to childhood… you just don’t realise it. This may be true, but no one makes my packed lunches anymore.
- Luck matters more than you think. I have been pondering this for a while now.
- What it’s really like to work as a comment moderator. I am glad this is not my job.
- Why do cats love bookstores? Same reason we all do, probably.
- My husband is a better parent than me. And that’s okay. It’s so okay.
- How ‘influencers’ are helping to change the food scene, for better or for worse.
- What I learned from blogging without a ‘proper’ camera. This sounds so freeing, and so in line with what I was blogging about just this week.
- Is Friends still the most popular show on TV? It’s still one of my favourites, anyhow.