Today is a lazy day, for catching up on TV shows and snuggling up in sweaters. For roast dinners and afternoon naps. It’s much needed, after a hectic few days travelling across the country for weddings and catch-ups with good friends. The wedding was lovely, as they always are, with fairy lights adorning the ceiling and plenty of dancing. It’s the last one we’re attending before ours, which is both exciting and a little daunting.
Yesterday I spent the day in London with one of my favourite friends – we bustled our way through Borough Market before walking along the South Bank for lunch at Wahaca and then made our way through the streets of London for wine and goodbyes at Kings Cross. It was a beautifully crisp autumn day and I didn’t even need to wear my jacket thanks to the sunshine, which made it all the more perfect.
So today is for recovery and for getting ready for the week ahead, which is jam-packed with good times to come. I need to make a Halloween costume and bake a pie. How about you?
- I buy my harissa from the supermarket (shock horror) but I would love to make my own homemade harissa.
- It’s the season for all things apple-flavoured, so it’s good to learn how to select apples for cooking and baking.
- I loved this piece on finding your tribe.
- Is brunch for jerks? I hope not.
- When I get a few days free, I want to work my way through The Kitchn’s cooking school lessons. There’s a lot for me to learn.
- If you like to be spooked, then try the 50 Scariest Short Stories of All Time.
- There’s been a doughnut pan sitting in my Amazon wish list for a few weeks; I ‘m going to have to take the plunge so I can make Rachel’s mini doughnuts with a limoncello glaze. So pretty.
- What do we mean when we say the term ‘a man’s woman’ and ‘a woman’s woman’. There’s something suspicious about the whole thing.
- I have been obsessing over the sweet treats on The Sugar Hit this week. Such a fun blog with some great recipes.
- “Joy, enthusiasm, excitement—those are sort of my chief attributes.” – I think Taylor Swift is my spirit animal.
- This is interesting: Here’s how differently a couple texts before and after getting married.
- If you’re a blogger, you might want to swot up on the copyright basics.