This week has been hectic. I’m holding down the fort at work this weekend whilst everyone else has exciting holidays, so it’s safe to say that I’m a little jealous! Plus, I’ve been endlessly browsing Airbnb on the evenings… Let’s be honest and say that saving for a wedding is really boring and I’d much rather be spending the money on weekend trips to Europe.
However, it’s not all doom and gloom – my sister has come to stay this weekend so we can look at University Open Days. I think I’ll always feel like she is too young for that but it’s been quite fun to go back and see the whole process from the start. I definitely teared up a bit when they showed the videos of everyone having fun – she’s going to have the best time and I’m so excited for her. I am a sucker for marketing ploys, that much is clear. Tonight we’re off to MeatLiquor as well – I’ve not been yet so hopefully it lives up to the hype (I’m sure it will).
This week has also been for celebrating with sweet friends – a couple of bottles of bubbles with Katie & Ed on Thursday to celebrate their engagement and the gorgeous wedding of Sally & Todd yesterday. I love weddings and this was possibly the cutest – a proper DIY, eco-friendly, village hall wedding with afternoon tea and plenty of dancing. I had a blast.
What have you been up to this week?
- This article was upsettingly accurate: 16 weird things women randomly become obsessed with in their 20s.
- How popular is your name? Amy has dropped from #9 to #76 in the rankings – I’m not sure how I feel about that.
- Do you want to know how you can support the bloggers that you love? (via Sarah – who is definitely one of the bloggers that I love)
- If you live in Leeds and have some books to get rid of, you could donate them to this new library for homeless people in the city.
- I made these beer brownies earlier in the week and they went down very well with my colleagues. I used #beer but Saltaire Brewery Triple Chocoholic would be best, I think.
- Have you ever wondered how a blog becomes a book?
- Maybe we need to be aiming for B+? There’s definitely something appealing about that.
- I loved this interview with Kerstin Rodgers – she’s such an interesting woman.
- A blog post about Taylor Swift and women that doesn’t ask if Taylor Swift is a feminist.