It’s been a busy week at work, so I was very glad to escape for the weekend to our friends’ in Nottingham. They have an adorable baby girl and it was so much fun hanging out with her – we played in the park, ran amok in PC World and had lots of cuddles. It was divine. I was exhausted by the end of the day though – major props to you if you have kids! It was also fantastic to see Ashley and Kirsten – they are some of the loveliest people and I’m so glad that being with Paul means I get all these extra friends as well. What a win that is.
We stopped off at Paul’s parents on Friday night for takeaway and wedding-related interrogation. Pinterest boards were shared, guest lists were debated and old wedding albums poured over. Between that and booking ourselves in to look at our preferred venue on Monday, it’s all starting to feel very real!
- Are neknominations the last subculture?
- Mary Beard is a bit of a hero, and this (long) piece about the public voice of women is definitely worth a read.
- I was totally made up to go to the Dinner at the Manor supper club a couple of weeks ago – you can take a peek at the Ottolenghi-inspired food we ate here.
- I am a bit obsessed with all things Scandinavia at the moment, so these photos from Stockholm made my heart skip a beat.
- If someone in your life is a new mother, this is the perfect list of presents.
- Do you struggle with perfectionism? Try this.
- I loved this collection of stock photos! (Not a sentence I thought I’d say!)
- Ever accidentally turned up wearing the same outfit as a friend or colleague? This blog will make you giggle.
- Pippa opens up about why she stopped being a voluntourist – it’s food for thought for everyone.
- I’ve just started building up a better make-up collection, so these tips for building up a MAC palette are super helpful!
- You may have seen Lush’s campaign ‘The Sign of Love’ – Roy looks at why it smells like appropriation.
- I’ll definitely be making Lizzie’s Hungarian beef goulash for dinner this week.